Volunteer at Junction
Junction would not be possible without the amazing help and support from passionate people who love what we do. Volunteering at Junction is an exciting, enriching and adventurous experience. You’ll access behind-the-scenes and see how a festival is programmed and organised, meet new people, develop skills and get great experience for your CV, network with national and international artists and best of all have fun.
Interested in Volunteering for the 2016 Festival?
Download a Volunteer Application Form by clicking this link:
For more information about applying, have a look at this Volunteer Information document.
You can also email email@example.com for further information!
Volunteers are an integral part of the success of Junction Arts Festival and we are recruiting pre-service teachers now!
If you are a pre-service teacher, Tasmania’s Junction Arts Festival seeks you to volunteer your time at this year’s Festival.
Volunteering offers you the following opportunities:
- Increase your experience of meaningful and enriching community involvement with an educational purpose.
- Boost your excursion related skills.
- Add teaching related experience to your resume.
- Network with teachers and principals involved in the Festival. Last year pre-service teachers were offered teaching work after volunteering at Junction.
- Enhance their understanding of a range of curriculum areas within all age groups of the Australian Curriculum within an arts festival context.
What will you be doing as a volunteer?
- Information Booth know-it-alls – tell the world about the ins-and-outs of Junction
- Front of house - meet and greet audience members, show them to their seats and sell tickets
- Artist drivers – help transport artists to/from the airport, hotel or venue, an opportunity for one-on-one time with your favourite band
- Bar workers – work behind the bar in one of our Festival clubs
- Photographers – keep audiences around the world updated 24/7 with what’s happening at Junction as part of Photo Mob
- Interior decorators and carpentry masters – a fine attention to detail and a love of getting your hands dirty are two great ways to help us with artist projects
- Roaming information agents – see a shop that needs a poster? help spread the word
- Administrative and office support – keep the office under control, answer phones and greet people at Junction HQ
- Production assistants – are you a techie or love a/v, or weight lifting? help with stage and sound set-up, or work your muscles with bump-in and bump-out
- Runners – sometimes we just need people to run around and do jobs for us which pop up
More detailed job descriptions and an application form is available in our Volunteer Application Pack. For more info please email Volunteer at Junction.
We’re sorry, but volunteers must be younger than 80 years of age, due to Tasmanian insurance laws.